Continuing Education Credit
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 24.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals are awarded 2.4 continuing education units (CEU’s) which are equal to 24.25 contact hours.
Overall Conference Objectives
• Present practical and emerging solutions for automated information and image management in pathology and the clinical laboratories.
• Describe how workflow in the clinical laboratories and pathology can be supported and enhanced by new software and hardware solutions.
• Understand the various software and hardware products available in the clinical laboratory and pathology market by
interacting with a large number of exhibitors.
• Present new research in pathology informatics on the basis of submitted competitive scientific abstracts.
• Provide a forum for basic pathology informatics instruction for house officers and fellows in pathology training programs.