Scientific Sessions will be held on Wednesday, October 10th and Thursday, October 11h from 7:30 am to 9:00 am.
Each speaker is expected to prepare a 12-15 minute presentation which provides the following:
- A clear, concise statement of the problem or challenge that is being addressed.
- Description of the methods used
- A summary of the performance and/or results
- An indication of future directions
After each presentation, time has been allotted for a brief question and answer period. .
Speakers are urged to meet with one of their session co-chairs in advance of their session in order to:
- confirm that they are indeed present and will be presenting their paper
- to provide the chair with some rudimentary personal information for purposes of a proper speaker introduction
- to test their visual aids (especially computer systems) with the provided equipment.
A minimal introduction of a speaker by a session chair would include the names and positions of the primary author of the paper as well as the title of the paper. It is extremely important that the speakers keep to the 12-15 minute limit. A uniform schedule has been established for each session so that attendees can move easily from one to another without missing much of any presentation. Speakers must closely follow this schedule. If speakers do not appear in time for their presentation, they shall be rescheduled for a later time in the program or be cancelled. In the event of a no-show, the session chair will call a session break until the next regularly scheduled presentation. Speakers running overtime will be asked by the chair to come to closure. These procedures have been established so that attendees can be certain when presentations of interest are occurring.
Awards will be announced on Thursday, October 11th at 3:10 pm in Regency Ballroom A.
Just a little reminder to….
Register for the meeting – Your notification of abstract acceptance does not include registration to the meeting.
Make your hotel reservation – A block of rooms will be held at the special rate of $279. Please tell reservations you will be attending the “Pathology Informatics 2012”. Conference. If you have special needs, please inform the hotel at this time.